- An added layer of trust, kills 99.9% of viruses and bacteria
- Available in ZO&MO Opticals.
The global pandemic has affected all of us in one way or another. It has changed the way we work, learn, buy and socialize. There is a growing awareness of virus and bacteria, and related spectacle lens hygiene.
Known for innovation and precision lenses designed to correct refractive errors and give clear, comfortable vision, ZEISS now offers an added layer of trust to tackle this growing concern. In line with our changing world and consumer demand, Zeiss has introduced its latest innovation- ZEISS DuraVisionAntiVirus Platinum UV to the GCC market. The first ZEISS corrective spectacle lens with antiviral properties, by transferring antimicrobial silver into an anti-reflective coating layer that can be applied to a spectacle lens surface.
This coating kills 99.9% potentially harmful viruses and bacteria on the surface of the lenses. It’s been carefully engineered to deliver a product that is safe to use and provides all the benefits ZEISS DuraVision coatings are known for: lowest reflection, durability and ease of cleaning.
Interesting facts about viruses:
- some viruses remain viable on surfaces for anything from several hours to several days, while others can even remain infectious on surfaces for 2 months or longer.
- Viral pathogens usually survive longer on non-porous materials ( for example, plastic surfaces) than on porous materials up to 72 hours on stainless steel and plastic
- The virus that causes COVID-19 can also survive on surfaces over time. A recent study suggests that the virus can remain viable and infectious up to 72 hours on stainless steel and plastic.
- As “high-touch” surfaces, spectacles can also carry viruses and bacteria
Why do we need this product?
Most of us strive to see the world and everything around us clearly, capturing each precious moment without compromise.
Droplets and direct touch can carry viruses and bacteria to your spectacles, where it can attach to the lens surface.
With ZEISS DuraVisionAntiVirus Platinum UV, 99.9% of viruses and bacteria on the lens surface are killed/inactivated.
It’s tested and proven: These lenses can act as a shield to help reduce the risk of viruses and bacteria surviving on the lens surface.
Zeiss Lenses with DuraVisionAntiVirus Platinum UV are available with all premium ZEISS lens designs.
Introducing ZEISS DuraVisionAntiVirus Platinum UV
- Better spectacle lens hygiene. It acts as a shield, to help reduce the risk of viruses and bacteria surviving on the surface of the spectacle lens
- It provides full UV protection up to 400 nm.
- Good looking, tough, easy to clean. This coating offers outstanding anti-reflective properties, excellent scratch resistance and easy, long-lasting cleanability.